I Didn't File a Tax Return - What Should I Do?

May 5, 2017

If you never filed a tax return for 2016, don’t delay! 

First, gather all information related to your income and deductions for the 2016 tax year and give our office a call.  We will be happy to quickly schedule an appointment for you to meet with one of our seasoned accountants who can go over all your information and complete you return.

If you owe taxes, you should file and pay as soon as you can to stop the interest and penalties that have already started to accrue.  And if you are owed money, the sooner you file, the sooner you’ll get your refund!

But what if I’ve already received documents in the mail from the IRS?  Number one….don’t ignore them!!  Bring them into our office and we can help walk you through the steps needed to address them individually.  It’s important to understand the ramifications of not filing a past due return and the steps the IRS will take.  Taxpayers who continue to not file a return and fail to respond to IRS requests for a return may be considered for a variety of enforcement actions, which can include substantial penalties and interest.

If you haven’t filed a tax return for 2016 yet, call our office today to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.


Back to List

Client Center

- Individual Clients
- Business Clients
- Client Employee

(QuickBooks Online)

(Hosted QuickBooks)

Using Your Client Organizer
How to Review My 1040
Using File Exchange



Phone: 540.635.7729 • Fax: 540.636.9379
Email: info@methodcpa.com